Fishlabs has released its first expansion, Valkyrie HD
, to its award winning space epic, Galaxy On Fire 2
. This add-on is a graphically enhanced 3D version created specifically for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2. The game also already supports the retina display on the new iPad (or as everyone else calls it the iPad 3) so when you finally get your hands on Cupertino's hot new tablet you can push it to the limits.
The add-on takes up where the main game Galaxy on Fire 2™ left off and puts the series’ protagonist, Keith T. Maxwell, right in the middle of another impending crisis with evil aliens, ruthless space pirates and power-crazy wretches all casting a dark shadow over the universe.
Features of Valkyrie™ HD:
• All 3D models rebuilt from scratch for console-quality visuals and a crystal-clear gaming experience on iPad 2 and iPhone 4S
• Assets, such as jump gates and asteroids, feature even more textures and up to four-times the original resolution
• Individual texture sets for all 30 spaceships including diffuse, normal, and specular maps in High Definition
• Enhanced background images and resolution on space environments and planets for a crystal-clear gaming experience on iPad 2 and iPhone 4S
• Additional light sources for atmosphere and breathtaking realism
• Additional OpenGL shaders and post effects as well as heavily revised explosion, engine flare and muzzle flash special effects
[Download Galaxy On Fire 2] Valkyrie HD can be purchased as an in-app purchase for $4.99.